I have ONE WEEK until I have to go back to work. As excited as I am to see my friends and my kiddos, I am not really looking forward to giving up my leisurely mornings and pool time. A lot of what I have been doing lately looks like this:
So needless to say, I’m going to hate giving all of this up… but it’s worth it (not for the paycheck, but for the smiling faces… right?).
In my last week of freedom, I have a few goals I hope to accomplish.
- Become a regular at a bar. I made this goal at the start of summer, but never settled on just one bar. It’s a tough choice around here. So now I have five days.
- Color my brown hat blonde again and pretend it’s the beginning of summer.
- Sit at the pool for at least 2 afternoons… weather, I’m counting on you.
- Read at least 3 books for fun (nerd alert) and 0 of the 2 I need to read for work.
- Go back to school shopping… and buy new sunglasses (which technically aren’t something I’ll be wearing at school, but I believe my eyes will thank me during recess duty).
- Girl doctor. Enough said.
- Run 14 miles. This is my last goal. For obvious reasons… the main being that I’ve never run over 13 on purpose before.
Wish me luck. I’m starting off my last Monday of freedom with a five mile run followed by a little bike time and lifting legs. Hopefully I can check one other thing off my list by the end of the day.
Happy Monday everyone!