…the word that perfectly describes how it was to get out of bed this morning.
Seriously. Rolling/ falling out of my bed this morning was difficult. My back and quads and ankle killed. I would have skipped out on work today, but because I knew my PiC would be out I decided to work. Plus, I’m taking two days off next week to go on VACATION. Gotta pay the bills somehow.
1. I’ve decided to stop beating myself up about my marathon time, because it’s a decent time normally, and it’s a great time for someone with a sprained ankle. I still haven’t looked up my official time, and I’m not quite sure I want to know.. just that I finished in “around five hours-ish” sounds okay.
2. Now… onto bigger and better things.
So I think I’ve had my fill of sugar for awhile and I’m ready to not eat it every second of my life. It’s funny- you think you really, really, most definitely need to eat sugar daily, and now I’m not really craving it anymore. Guess that’s a win. At least it will save me money at the grocery.
3. In other saving money news, I’d love to thank the Richmond Marathon for sending a shit- ton of leftover bagels and bananas to my school today. If you think this girl didn’t go home with packs of bagels and a million bananas (freeze them and make banana bread, right?) you are wrong. And I’d just like to say, compared to the other vultures that I work with, the few things I took were nothing compared to the boxes of food people were hoarding. It was like we all won the lottery- that’s the level of excitement teachers get from free stuff. Whatever, like I’m judging. Free bananas- best part of my Monday.
4. Speaking of food, I forgot my lunch today. You have no idea how disappointing that was. I searched my drawer for food and found an apple and a Special K bar and peanut butter. It was no delicious salad, but better than starving.
5. Tonight’s dinner is another batch of homemade chicken noodle soup. Just what I was craving after a long day… plus, I always have enough for lunch the rest of the week and hopefully won’t forget my lunch again.
6. I might be cra-cra but I’m going to try and workout tomorrow. My ankle is bothering me a tiny bit (but it’s not terrible) and my muscles are really sore, but I feel like I can do at least a little- biking or the dreaded elliptical or maybe even a mile run. How long do first time marathoners (just tooting my own horn here, it’s my blog) wait to workout again? I feel lazy going from six days a week to nothing.
7. Finally, give some positive thoughts to my PiC who PR’d on her half marathon this weekend (!!) but now has a stress fracture and will be in a boot for a month… and isn’t allowed to run for two months. 😦 And I was being all selfish and worrying about myself during the race. Oh Kathy, even though there were 100 signs around Richmond with your face on it, surprisingly, it’s not all about you.
8. By the way, I got windburn during the marathon. My face is peeling off. It is super attractive. Luckily, none of my kids ran away screaming today (but that may be because five of them failed their vision tests, who’s to say?).