…in the last couple of days of 2011!!
1. I think I’m set on my favorite coffee for the year. I might even be able to have it more than once a week.
I know you might be confused, but that is my house, not a Starbucks.
2. I went to the physical therapist yesterday. I was reminded that I had Osgood Schlatter Disease, which is inflammation of the patellar tendon where the knee meets the top of the tibia, which is basically swelling and tenderness to the knee joint. I found that out a couple of years ago, and although it’s usually caused by growth spurts and goes away after time, the little bump under my knee cap is still there.
3. I also found that this might have contributed to the tendonitis/ patellofemoral pain I’ve been experiencing. That and my weak hip bones are a factor. And the two outer quad muscles going the wrong direction in my leg. So. That’s cool.
4. Along with the million exercises I have to do daily to straighten and strengthen my quads and hips, I have to foam roll on my thighs…and holy mother f-er it hurts. I did it today at the gym and tears started swelling up in my eyes. It is so terrible, yet so wonderful.
5. I got casted for my new orthotics! It’s weird that I’m really excited about them, right?
6. I get to run FOR REAL! in two weeks! I am SO excited. Right now I can run a mile each day, and I’m allowed to incorporate the elliptical into my exercise program as much as I want…so, woohoo for me. I’m also allowed to go back to kickboxing, so hopefully the next two weeks will go by quickly.
7. KENTUCKY beat Louisville today. Thank God or my life would have been over. I had a beer at noon, so don’t judge. It’s New Years Eve, right?
8. I made up a healthy Chicken Salad recipe this afternoon- Lookie at me, becoming quite the cook.
Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt
- 4 tbs of plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbs of spicy brown mustard
- 2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp dill
- lemon juice
- 2 cans of chunk chicken (I used 12oz cans from Costco)
Mix together all ingredients…and voila! (Picture does not do it justice…SOOO good.)
9. Today on the walk home from the gym we saw:
- A man singing to himself at the top of his lungs… for real.
- A bearded biker pulling a bearded skateboarder. They were both wearing brown cords and flannel….and trying to attempt tricks. Oh hipsters.
- Oddly sized couples…aka the male counterpart of the female was at least 20lbs less than me… and wearing skinny jeans that might have been owned by one of my students.
Sometimes I look around and think, “Man, you live in a strange place.”
10. I’m off to celebrate the new year. Everyone have a safe and happy New Years Eve! Remember, AAA is offering free sober rides and tows home tonight! 1-800-222-4357. What a deal! Luckily, I live in walking distance of anywhere I’d ever want to go.
11. Happy last few hours of 2011!