It’s official. I have a club foot and I don’t know how to use it.
I tripped quite a few times today and ran into lots of desk legs. And I am kind of like a monster that attacks classrooms and innocent (not really) kiddos. Speaking of not being innocent, one of the kids called another a douche bag this afternoon. So that was fun. Glad the 8 year olds know douche bag.
Other than taking a million years to gather my things, get in my car, change my shoe, etc… today was a pretty normal day.
For me at least.
The fave found this on his car this morning.
Looks like we got a spray painting penis artist on our hands. This here is the perfect time to use the words ‘douche bag’. Oh you silly hipsters, you really are super cool.
After school I hit up the gym to do my new favorite thing- bike/ cycle/ whatever you want to call it. It’s my favorite thing because it’s the only thing I’m allowed to do at the moment. I did a really hard 30 minutes before going to my for real favorite cycle class. I felt like it was a pretty good workout, but if you’re wondering, yes, I’m missing the extreme cardio I get while running.
Whatever, I made it to the gym with a stress fracture and actually got sweaty without running… so, I win.
I got home later tonight and started making some delicious treats.
First, it’s Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods.
- bag of Snyders of Hanover pretzel rods (or any kind, but that’s all Kroger had)
- bag of semi-sweet baking chocolate chips
- tiny dab of veggie oil
- sprinkles, M&M’s, or anything else you want to put on them
1. Melt chocolate chips in microwave. While melting, stir every 40 seconds or so.
2. When chocolate is melted, add a tiny dab of veggie oil so it stays smooth. Use a rubber spatula to smooth chocolate over one end of pretzel. Put pretzels on wax paper and fancy them up! I added sprinkles and M&M’s, but I was thinking this afternoon you could use crushed candy cane or nuts or anything delicious.
They may not be the prettiest just yet, but they taste amazing. Good job for my first time. Clearly, I need to work on my decorating skills. I’m also thinking maybe using some peanut butter chips instead of chocolate ones next time.
Next, I made Peppermint Bark that I stole from pbfingers. It’s still in the cooling stage, but this is how it looks so far.
I can’t wait to taste it… it is full of everything delicious, including my favorite, white chocolate. Yum.
Now, I’m continuing my streak and going to tackle a couple of batches of cookies…. thank goodness I burned all those calories earlier…