1. Yesterday, after going to the gym and running to the grocery, I finally showered and it was around 2:30. When I got out of the shower, I had had to decide whether or not I was putting on jeans or just going straight to fat pants. Jeans mean you’re going somewhere and you’re not a lazy piece. Fat pants mean the opposite.
I settled on fat pants.
Do you wear jeans and regular clothes around the house even when you know you’re not going anywhere?
2. Today one of my kids announced to the class that, “My cousin was a gangster and he escaped from jail for two times. Now he’s still in a gang but he just walks around with his dog and stuff.”
This really inspired a bunch of other kiddos to announce that their cousins, too, were in gangs. And they steal stuff. And they go to jail. And sometimes they get angry (the entire point of the discussion was to how to deal with anger…).
No bueno, kiddies.
3. I’m going to try that ‘eat protein right after you workout’ thing.
I’ve been reading on a ton of blogs/ nutrition websites that this helps curb hunger plus helps build muscle (I’d like to get some someday), and since I hardly ever eat right after I workout, I decided I might as well give it a go.
Today I tried eating half of an EAS Myoplex Lite bar- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp. I only at half because I’m going to eat dinner later, but for real, it was hard to stop at half. It tasted like a protein bar, but so much better.
I usually don’t like protein bars, but this was pretty good. I better wake up tomorrow with some sculpted muscles though.
(Just kidding… I’m not that dumb.)
4. Today’s workout was cardio-rific.
20 minutes on the treadmill- alternating between one minute of sprints at 8.5 (man, I’ve gotten slow) and 20 seconds at 6.7 pace. I did 2.5 miles. Don’t tell Alan.
25 minutes on the hard elliptical
20 minutes alternating between the bike and rowing machine
After the faster running, my legs were definitely more tired than when I run at my normal pace. I wasn’t really feeling anything in particular today, so I feel like I jumped around the gym a lot switching machines. Luckily, it got less crowded as the evening went on, and I was able to score good machines. Also, my blisters are turning into extra skin. Sexy.
5. There was another robbing within a mile of my house last night. I think that puts it up to five since August. The paper says “six suspects surrounded two VCU students and demanded their wallets. The suspects got away.”
Again, such detailed reporting going on at the Times Dispatch. Thank goodness I know who to look for when I’m out wandering around in the middle of the night.
6. Saw this the other day…
And if you’re wondering, no, I didn’t buy it. Sorry. Can’t justify a $50 bird dress.
Um. I love this blog. It’s funny and it’s from the point of Suri Cruise… and I laugh everyday.
8. Apparently I was watching the weird British version of Shameless.
Thank God I didn’t waste $18.99.
William H. Macy… I know you. Duh.
Any other good shows you recommend? Does anyone know whatever happened to Cougar Town by the way?