Tonight for dinner I made the easiest ever crock pot chicken gyros. First though… the rest of my day.
1. SO MUCH CELEB NEWS.
Seal and Heidi are getting divorced. Tear. For real.
Kristin Cavallari is prego. Watch out world. Poor kid.
2. Because I have all the Spanish kiddos and all of them were gone testing, I had SIX kids for two hours this morning. SIX.
So…. in true teacher form and because we are learning about the water cycle, I put on some Bill Nye. Does anyone remember Bill Nye the Science Guy?
Hilarious. And the kids love him. It’s the same guy I used to wake up to watch at 6am on Saturday mornings. Anyone else, or was I just that big of a cool kid?
3. I’m having a hard time deciding on whether or not to buy new running shoes. They’re on sale at Kellys Running Warehouse for $70. SO CHEAP.
Here is my dilemma:
- Yes- They’re SO cheap. I’ll need them eventually.
- No- It’s the same EXACT pair I’ve had for the last 4 pairs. I’m not running much right now because I’m still recovering, so I have probably only 150-200 miles on my current pair.
4. At the gym this afternoon I wore my orthos the entire time!
Huge deal, right?
I did 35 minutes on the hard elliptical (with no hands!) and 20 minutes of running plus a little arms and abs. Although they did bother me a little (still getting used to the enormous arch), I never got any little pins and needles pains. So, I’m feeling pretty positive right now, and hoping for a looooooooong (longer than the last month and a half) five mile run this weekend. I know, don’t go crazy, Kath, don’t go crazy.
5. Okay, now the new recipe I got off Pinterest (and my PiC!).
Crockpot Chicken Gyros
- 1.5 lb chicken breast
- 1 medium purple onion
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp dried organo
- 1 tsp allspice
— Place chicken in crock pot with purple onion spread over it. Season with lemon- pepper, oregano, and allspice. Let cook on high for 2-3 hours.
In separate bowl, combine-
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 chopped cucumber
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dill
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
After chicken is cooked, combine tzatziki sauce and shredded chicken. Serve with pitas (I used Flat Out Fold ‘Ems), tomatoes, cucumbers and hummus. Also, feta cheese, if you’re a cheese-a-holic like me (not pictured).
They tasted amazing.. I had two, and would have had more if there was any chicken left.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnd I’m pretty sure this will be in my future…
Anyone else have any good Monday stories?