1. Okay. How many of you watched the Real Housewives of New Jersey this week?? They are terrible… yet so addicting!
Questions I have:
a. What did Teresa do to Jacqueline??? I want to know!!!
2. WTF happened to Ashley’s lips?
d. How many pounds did Joe Giudice gain or has he always been that hefty?
4. Why is Teresa so dumb? So many examples…. Why is she staying with her cheating husband who hates their kids? Why would she tell her brother that his wife will leave him for a richer man…. for no reason? Why does she not see that she is kind of a B in her book?
5. Did Caroline’s daughter break up with that bf? He hasn’t been around for awhile.
6. Is Kathy’s sister going to be the new funny character on the show?
2. Last night I made this for dinner. Not only was it filling and tasted good (oh, and mostly veggies), but it was really easy to make.
Cabbage Salad with Beef (adapted from Self magazine)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp ginger seasoning
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bag of cole slaw mix
- ++Next time I’m adding some chopped purple cabbage as well.++
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 lb beef (like the kind you use for stir fry)
- a few handfuls of unsalted peanuts
- Mix the first four ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Combine the slaw and carrots in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Cook beef over medium heat with garlic. (Next time we are grilling the meat though… It might have better flavor that way.) Add a handful of chopped cilantro when everything is cooked and mix together.
- Add beef to salad and toss to combine.
- Finally, serve, adding a sprinkle of cilantro (or more if you want to inhale it like me) and some peanuts. Voila!
3. Yesterday, after at least a year (more like 2) of having my vacuum, I changed the bag. Turns out, the bag wasn’t actually secure anyway, and the dust had been accumulating in the regular bag. Imagine my surprise when all of the sudden I was covered in dust. ALL OVER.
It was kind of like this.
Without Squints, of course. And not nearly as funny.
What a classic, though.
That’s all I’ve got.