Monday’s workout: Terrible 5 mile run and possible blister in the making, 10 minute bike ride, abs
I don’t know if its my new shoes (which are the same brand and design I always get) or the way I put in my super cool orthies, but I’m starting to get a blister on my right foot arch. I can feel it coming, and I tried to nip it in the bud by using Mole Skin, but it’s still there…growing, taunting, hurting.
Needless to say, the 5 miles I ran Monday were not my best and were slightly painful. I’m hoping I can get back on track and blister free soon.
It’s finally here…
LAST DAY OF SUMMER SCHOOL!!!!
Well…for me at least. Those poor kids are suckers- they still have 2.5 weeks to go. I really love this job-share thing. Too bad I can’t do that all year.
So, now that I won’t be waking up to work every morning, I’ve decided I need some goals to keep me busy for the rest of the summer.
- Get back into body pump. The schedules didn’t work out for me during summer school, so I’m excited to get back to class and start to build a tiny bit of muscle.
- Increase my mileage so my ‘long run’ each week is actually a long run. I am no longer allowed to count my 7 miler a long run…especially if I want to run a half marathon in August.
- Find some races to sign up for so your motivation doesn’t die like it did before (see above).
- Clean the bathroom. Not a workout goal but it needs to be done.
- Maybe add a cycle class back in the mix once a week. I know Shari misses me and the PiC at those Wednesday night classes.
- Remember that I have a membership to a pool, which I have barely used this summer. Pool + books= my happy place.
Gotta get started. I have 5 weeks left to get it all done.
I’ll leave you with this ultimate Frisbee video. Check out my cousin Ben around the 1:00 mark making the game winning catch for Bluegrass Revolution to go the playoffs next weekend!
What are your goals for the next month?
Does anyone play ultimate frisbee?