Monday’s workout: 4 mile run, 20 minutes on the stair stepper, abs
The run yesterday was hard. I have no idea what was different, but my legs did NOT want to be moving. It was kind of miz. Luckily, I got to watch the Today Show anchors power race in some sweet sweat suits, so that was motivation.
I mean, the Olympics have something for everyone now. Walkers, runners, synchronized everything… what isn’t an Olympic sport?
When I left the gym, this was waiting for me by my car door.
A dirty, used latex glove…in the shape of the shocker. I don’t know if I should be scared or disturbed, because it definitely wasn’t there when I parked my car.
After my forced workout, I headed over to get an alignment done on my car. I hate waiting at the car place for hours upon end, so I rewarded myself for doing something productive on a Monday by walking over to Panera for two of my favorite things: iced coffee and breakfast sammy.
Last night for dinner, I thought I’d try something new. I have all these recipes I’ve pinned on Pinterest that I never remember or try…so I’ve decided I need to try a few out this week. Last night was fish tacos (tilapia tacos sound so much fancier and way less gross in my immature mind).
I’ve never made fish tacos before so this was a first (and, they’re gluten free!).
Grilled Fish Tacos (from this website)
- 4 white fish filets, skin removed (I used tilapia)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- corn tortillas (I used the uncooked kind and grilled them.)
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Rub filets with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and cumin mixture.
2. Heat grill to medium high heat and grill fish, flipping once, until cooked through (about 3-4 minutes per side, depending on how thick they are). Flake fish into large pieces.
3. Toast corn tortillas over grill or heat in oven.
4. Divide fish evenly among tortillas and top with cabbage, cilantro, radishes and scallions. Serve with Greek yogurt and lime wedges.
(I added salsa and refried beans as well.)
Here they are before adding the (messy) Greek yogurt and cilantro.
Have you ever made fish tacos?
Ever tried race walking?