Monday’s workout: 6 mile run after school
I am calling it a win that I even got to the gym yesterday. It’s that time of year when I get my first cold, and I was definitely not feeling great. I woke up yesterday with a scratchy throat, and throughout the day I started coughing, snotting, sneezing… It was not pretty.
A perk to not feeling well… someone else volunteers to make dinner. Yes, please!
I found this recipe on Pinterest and it was delicious. The only think we changed was instead of a full 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream, we did half heavy cream and half plain greek yogurt. Way to stay healthy.
Prosciutto, Asparagus, and Parmesan Spaghetti
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 oz prosciutto, cut in strips
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in 1 inch strips
- 1 1/4 heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup red pepper flakes
1. Cook pasta, drain, and put back into pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large pan over medium high heat. Cook onion, garlic, and mushrooms until semi done. Add prosciutto and asparagus, and cook a few more minutes. Add cream, cheese, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes; reduce heat and simmer about 4 minutes.
3. Combine sauce and pasta and mix to coat. If you want, add more cheese and serve!
I stole her picture because I was too drugged up on dayquil to remember to take my own.
Am I the only one with a summer cold?